Freedom of Speech is a Canadian Charter Right.
On Dec. 3, 2015, Ecojustice Canada Society issued a public document calling for an inquiry by the Competition Bureau of Canada into the activities of Friends of Science Society and two other organizations. Friends of Science Society issues this public response to what we perceive to be a case of ‘law fare,’ a modern day witch hunt, designed to silence rational dissent on climate change catastrophe claims and to prevent informed public objection and debate of economically destructive climate policies.
At this time, Canadians are being led astray by unscientific climate science claims that are not founded on evidence. Canadians are being asked to empty their wallets. For what? For unreliable, unaffordable, intermittent so-called ‘renewable’ devices that have been shown to be wasteful and redundant boondoggles that do not address climate change and that cannot provide suitable energy for our modern societal needs or our extreme climatic conditions.
Question the Cost and Consequences of Climate Policy based on Faulty Science
- 100% renewable WWS – Wind Water Sunlight/Solar claims that these can replace conventional power generation. Not doable. Energy economist Robert Lyman explains why.
- Ontario plans $7 billion climate plan Economically disastrous for Ontario; destructive to Canadian confederation. Robert Lyman explains why.
- LEAP Manifesto claims national wind-hydro grid doable by 2035. Not doable at all. Power generation experts explain why. English French
- Alberta Early Coal Phase-out >$22 billion for the transition to equivalent natural gas and compensation; loss of 7,000 jobs, devastation to 30 communities due to undue influence of offshore/out-of-province vested interests in renewable wind and solar investors.    We explain why coal is not the issue.
- Canadians simply cannot afford to remain silent or to be silenced.
We demand due diligence from the Alberta government on its claims that early phase-out of coal and a carbon tax will have any measurable effect on global climate and we demand a full cost-benefit analysis.
Challenging counterfactual claims An Honest Debate May 25 2016Challenging counterfactual claims An Honest Debate May 26 2016 REV
- Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
- (a) freedom of conscience and religion;
- (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;